ORGANIC BROCCOLI SEEDS - 1 POUND
Grow your own broccoli sprouts to salads, burgers or pasta dishes. They're even delicious as part of a green smoothie. Add homegrown sprouts to baked potatoes, sandwiches, stir-fry, hummus and more. Broccoli seeds typically sprout to the desired length in 4-5 days.
They are packed with fiber, vitamin C, calcium, and sulforaphane which reduces the risk of mutagenic or cancerous growths. They are high in phytonutrients. Broccoli sprouts both support detoxification, heart health, bone & brain health.
- Caution is recommended for those with thyroid deficiency, or low iodine levels as broccoli contains chemicals that may disrupt the ability to use iodine.
How to Grow Broccoli Seeds
- Prep 3 Tablespoons of seed, then transfer into a bowl or into your sprouting tray with drainage.
- Add 2-3x water (60°-70°) and mix seeds up to assure even water contact for each seed. Keep seeds covered with water.
- Allow seeds to soak for 6-12 hours.
- Drain off the soak water and rinse thoroughly with cool water - 60°-70°. Drain thoroughly!
- Three tablespoons of broccoli seed yields about 3 cups or 1/2 lb. of broccoli sprouts.
- Set your Sprouter anywhere out of direct sunlight and at room temperature (70° is optimal) between rinses.
- Ensure sufficient air-circulation is provided. Indirect light helps to develop green leaves.
- Drain very thoroughly to avoid inferior sprouts because of inadequate drainage.
- Rinse and Drain again every 8-12 hours for 3 days until they reach the desired length.